No to Geiger!

I agree with going after Ike Austin instead of Geiger.  What we need is a
force in the middle.  Geiger doesn't intimidate anyone.  Same with Knight
and DeClerq.  DeClerq is a decent back up.  Adding Geiger to the C's would
just stockpile another McIlvaine or Knight.  Why should you go after someone
who will not help your team?  Just because he's one of the hottest
properties?  And why is he hot?  Because there is no one else that plays
that position on the free agent market?  Forget Geiger.  He's not
consistent.  I'd stick with Knight if we can't get Austin.  He's the same
player capable of a big game once in a while but not every night.  Walker
has to stay.  Right now asides from Rick Pittino, he is the one that makes
the Celtics marketable.  All we need is Ike.  McCarty is working on his leg
strength and adding to his frame and he plays as hard as anyone so maybe we
should give him a chance.  Pierce will be another Glen Rice and Mercer is
going to be a star.   Knight can play power forward too, if we get Ike.  Get
Ike, sign a veteran with whatever's left, preferably a powerforward in case
Walter doesn't pan out.  Barros should be traded while he still has market
value.   Ideal would be to get Ike and swing a deal for one of the Davis
boys in Indiana.  Just my opinion.

                                                                        Gene
(West Coast Celtic)