Re: HOME RUN HITTERS

As long as you're going to remember the quote, you should know that the
sportswriter you heard was plagiarizing (or at least alluding to) Ted
Williams, who knows a thing or two about hitting baseballs.  Whether he
is qualified to judge the most difficult feat in sports is another
matter.  Personally, I think this would be different things for
different people and I can't believe that Ted found hitting more
difficult than, say, dunking a basketball.  Hitting requires incredible
precision and timing, though, and I would not detract one bit from
McGuire's accomplishments.  Most impressive to me is the concentration
he has shown through three very long baseball seasons.  The list of
players who have hit 50 home runs is short and to have done it three
years in a row is incredible.

Jim

>From: "Dorine" <norine@sover.net>
>To: "Celtics" <Celtics@igtc.com>
>Subject: HOME RUN HITTERS
>Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:47:15 -0400
>
>I'm reminded of something one of the fellows on =93Sportswriters on TV
said a couple of years ago and I quote - =93I submit that the most
difficult thing to do in the sports world is hit a baseball with a bat.
I never forgot that because I agree with him.