HOME RUN HITTERS

Ritesh accomplished what he wanted to by his own admission:  Got something
going.  I don't think for a minute he believes the home runs are fixed.

I'm reminded of something one of the fellows on “Sportswriters on TV” said a
couple of years ago and I quote - “I submit that the most difficult thing to
do in the sports world is hit a baseball with a bat”.  I never forgot that
because I agree with him.  Anyone who can do that on a consistent basis over
a long career to the tune, in this case, of 62 home runs in a season against
the best pitchers in the world is to be held in awe, IMO.  One commentator
on the radio this morning said it has been a long, long time for the
youngsters in this country to have a REAL sports hero.  I also agree with
that.  The respect he showed to Marris' family and to his own is also to be
admired.

It makes no difference what sport we're talking about, excellence is to be
admired and acknowledged by all sports fans,  no matter what their personal
favorite sport might be.

Dorine