Re: Capulations, diatribe

Well, that really sucks.  If this is true, I think Pitino has to make a
decision on Travis.  If he's our starting center, fine, but if not we
can't keep a $3 million a year back up when we have Pervis sucking up
cap room and Andrew who will be a fine back up.  And it's no good saying
"give him another year", because by then Walker will be signed, Mercer
will need to be signed and any cap space we free up will not help.

So, what about all this talk of freeing cap space by getting Pervis to
retire.  Is that fantasy as well?

Jim

>Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 10:26:26 -0400
>From: Adam Suchocki <asuchocki@wireless.tellabs.com>
>To: Celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Capulations, diatribe
>
>You are making some assumptions that are incorrect.  First and
foremost, Dino's contract was not bought out...
...Anyway, this convolvuted deal resulted in the strange, lingering half
of Dino's contract.  Regardless of whether Dino received a lump some
payment for it or not, the guaranteed portion of his contract counts
against the Celtics salary cap each year until the contract expires.
This is why the Celtics keep carrying 2.5 million even though Dino's
full contract was for roughly 5 million a year