Re: Screw the Players

In a message dated 10/25/98 3:13:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gogginpd@email.uc.edu writes:

>  	This rancid type of system is already affecting the NBA.  Those
>  bastards in chicago win every year largely because the system allows them
>  to pay one player more than some cities can afford to pay 2/3 of a team.

 -- Goggin, doesn't this go to the very heart of all of it?  On the one hand,
it can be one team winning it all time and time again, maybe even YOUR TEAM!
On the other hand, we can have revolving champions, featuring great parity.
Face it, wouldn't you love to be a Bulls fan this decade?  This is a Celtics
list.  How many different comments would we have if Walker were the present-
day Jordan and the Celtics had four titles under their belts in this decade?
Ain't no easy answers.