All Players Free Agents?

Of all the possible impacts of Feerick's decision, one of them could make
every NBA player a free agent. How would that effect the Celtics? Here's my
take:

Having every contract voided would help the celtics by eliminating all of
our current salary problems. Not having Dino, Minor, Ellision, Knight and
Barros(a good player with too great of a salary) would give us a cap
flexibility we haven't had in ages. But, on the other hand, who would sign
with us? Pitino's system and controlling attitude are not well thought of
around the league, especially among creaky veterans. Gaston's unwillingness
to pay all-star salaries would also discourage free agent signees. The
boston media has done a lot for the local teams as well, with its relentless
attacks on local players. The Celtics would end up with a lot of money and
no one to spend it on. We might get away with stealing enough of the scrub
team's talent(Finley, Doug Christie, Lorenzen Wright) to have a mediocre
team, but most of the big free agents(Shaq, Ewing, Payton etc...) would head
for the warm weather and big money teams(Phoenix, Portland, New York,
Lakers) and leave the Celtics with a middle of the road team(which might be
better than now, but I'm not sure).

Other thoughts?

Noah