Re: Trade Rumor

Jim Meninno wrote:

> (clip)  Just wondering, does your plan have Andrew starting at center
> or do you expect the Celts to
> sign a free agent?

Yeah, I'm assuming Andrew will start alongside the "big four", although
mainly to keep Josh "Hommie" Ozersky happy   :-)

> Also, looking at the roster, it's impossible not to
> think what a waste Purvis is.  They'd be better off with some minimum
> wage banger who could go 20 minutes without needing an orthopedist.

But unlike Travis, Pervis only has a year or two left before he retires
and is cleared off our salary cap. Plus, when he's healthy he is surely
the best among the three centers we have IMO.  He's got that strong
frame and he's a genuine shot-blocking and rebounding guy. It's a pity
he's never healthy, because I remember being very impressed with him
during his one All Star season, the year I was a grad student in D.C.

****