Re: Trade Rumor

Jim Meninno wrote:

> That would be fine if Olowokandi were a can't miss superstar.  But
> this
> guy is completely unproven and is just as likely to be a complete
> flop.
> Besides which, Drew and Dana are important backups and not just trade
> filler.  Olowokandi might turn out to be great, but right now it would
>
> take too much to get him, and I wouldn't take that chance.

****

Hi "Mayor" Meninno:

I somehow doubt the Clips drafted Kandi-man #1 overall as a means to
trade down to #10 (Paul Pierce) and a couple of Celts backups. Since its
quite sure rookie contracts will finally be extended beyond three years,
I doubt the Clips would agree to this deal unless Pierce wows everyone
during the Celts early exhibition games. I wouldn't be surprised,
however, if the Clips have re-evaluated Paul Pierce's game, since he
lives and works out there in god-forsaken La La Land.

BTW, I agree that Olowokandi is as much a "can't make" free throw
shooter as a "can't miss" superstar. He sounds to me like the rawest
talent ever to be drafted #1 overall. Factor in that the hapless Nail
Clippers drafted him, and you sort of have to wonder a little about his
future impact on the NBA.  (Although I've never seen him play, so I'm
not in a position to judge).

Cheers,

JoeH

p.s. I hope the Celts acquire a pure point guard as their 12th man,
rather than keep two extra swingmen (Greg Minor, Dontae) to share
minutes with the already solid Mercer, Pierce, Walter and Bruce
rotation. I personally think the bench should feature Walter, Popeye,
Barros, Bowen, plus Chiquita-boy, Perverse and a pure point guard. The
first four guys off the bench have a lot of energy, which is nice.

****