No Subject

My two bits ('cause I know people never get tired of hearing from me!) on the last digest, which had a lot of juicy stuff and refreshingly little salary cap debate:

1. Walker for Grant straight up would be a tremendous mistake. Grant has half Walker's multitude of talents, is a health risk, and it's not like he's some prototype power forward - he's about the same size as Toine, in fact. I would like it more if Walt Williams were thrown in as sweetener, but then does he retard the progress of Paul P? (And why do some people seem to view the team's future as Pierce vs. Walker? How 'bout BOTH, and we can hoist a banner?) If forced to choose between Grant & Wallace I'd take Wallace. Put Walker & Wallace on the same frontline with Sabonis, & Stoudamire at the point, and Portland becomes odds-on favorite to win the title.

2. Puny Michael Stewart is NOT the Celtics answer in the middle. And dont go talking about how Dave Cowens was 6'9...
3. I guess we now know once and for all that Dino's freight will still be on our books for next year.

4. How on earth could last year's time minus Walker have won even 20 games? Would McCarty somehow have developed into a 20 ppg scorer? Travis become a rebounding demon? I assume to make such a prediction you must be thinking some other star would have taken AW's place.