Re: Profile Of The Warrior's Todd Fuller

>The words productive and DeClerq can best be classified as a oxymoron.
>I'll agree DeClerq will probably be an adequate back-up power forward
>during the upcoming season or next season, but as a center, he's
>undersized and underweight, and at best a third-string guy.

I like Declerq coming off the bench at center. Coming off the bench,
assured of fewer minutes, I think he's the sort of very agressive player
who can be effective. But...he has to be assured of limited minutes. You
can't expect him to go out and play big minutes in a starting role. In
short spurts I think he can be effective enough at both ends. I'm not sure
a back-up center needs the height and weight. He comes in...plays
hard...people have to be aware of where he is on the floor...he keeps
back-up defenders honest...crashes the boards because of a certain amount
of quickness...agressive at the defensive end. He's all right. What kind of
drugs have I been taking? Maybe it's time to cut back on the prozac.

>---Icarus <skmishra@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is a difference, Fuller last year played behind Dampier and
>Spencer
>> and played a lot during garbage time while DeClerq played productive
>minutes
>> for the C's.

I agree with Mishra. Look...he's not a starter. But given his obviously
limited abilities, in a limited role, he can be effective. And at times
last year it was obvious that the kid was and can be productive. Not big
numbers, but numbers don't tell the whole story. I'm going to start a "Keep
Declerq" letter writing campaign. My God...I think I'm in love.

Paul M