Re: NBA revised schedule

Hello all Celtic fans,
Friendly and otherwise.  I hate posting to this list because
of virulent and malicious comments that the authors say,
"Whatsamatta, can't you take a little ribbing?"  But here goes
anyways.

I went to the Fleetcenter Sunday Nov 22 for the Reebok Womens'
Tournament, and despite what Spike Lee sez, these girls got game.
I was having basketball withdrawal symptoms, but we got floor seats,
heard the nasty things nice girls say when they are mad, and saw really
good ball.  No one played above the rim, but they left lots of sweat on
the floor.  There were two games,  Florida/George Washington, and
BC/Michigan State.  There were maybe 4000 fans, about 3500 were less
than 15 years old females whose screams sent me to living hell.

Between games, I was chatting with an usher I know, and he told me
something I found interesting to hear, even if it may not be
completely true.   He said, the season will restart January 1st, and
get this, it will be a FULL schedule.  All missed games will be
made up as AFTERNOON games.  He was told by management that Fleetcenter
staff must be available for these extra times.  Whether this is only
a contingency plan or fact, I don't know. Just take it for what it
is worth. He told me last year Chauncey was gone long before it actually
happened.

He also said Antoine is history because Pitino thinks his ego is
bigger than his game.  Personally, I think Pitino's ego is the real
problem. He said Washburn/Brown for Antoine is the most probable
scenerio, and that talks have taken place.  His source comes from the
Celtics office, but who he would not say.  He said Pitino hates Antoine,
who, the usher thinks, is just a nice kid trying to be the superstar his
"friends" tell him he is, getting the respect he deserves, but that
underneath it all is just a kid in a high pressure situation. I think he
is talented, and this makes sense to me because he does not come across
as sophisticated, more like still relying on street smarts.

Well, I can't wait for the season to start. I miss the Celtics so much.
It was strange sitting at floor level, looking up at empty balconies,
where my Celtics seats are.  Just a couple guards and cleaning women washing
plexiglass panels, waiting, like all of us, for the fun to begin.  I feel
really bad for the staff who depend on the income from Celtics games.
What do they tell their kids at Christmas time?  I do know my sons are trying
hard to convince me to but Boston Bruins seats instead, and I must admit
I am tempted, but my wife can't get into hockey.  Maybe if I got her to
meet Ray Bourque???  We have missed six games, and counting two more for
November, I am having a serious withdrawal problem here.  Can you hear
me Stern???  Ewing???

     John Shepherd                                              Take                                                                                                                                            Only                                            Pictures
     Contract Printed Circuit Board Designer                    Only
     V 978 659-2180                                             Pictures
     F 978 685-6587
     Hewlett Packard                                            Leave
     MS 0248                                                    Only
     3000 Minuteman Road                                        Footprints
     Andover Ma 01840