Re: Interesting tidbits

Funny, I've never really thought about it, but is there ANY player on
the current team that would have improved those teams (ie. 84-86)?  I
don't think Antoine would have got much playing time.  Certainly an
upgrade over Scott Wedman, but over Bird McHale, or even Maxwell?  Kenny
Anderson might have been a good fit (like Tiny in '81), but we haven't
seen enough of him in green yet.  Mercer could have helped, as a third
guard, but they usually had ball handlers in that role (Henderson,
Sichting).  He doesn't handle or shoot well enough to knock Ainge out.
None of the current team would start.  I suppose you could say that
Andrew DeClerq would be better than Greg Kite, but DeClerq started last
year!  It makes you realize just how great those teams really were.

Jim