Re: Owners now the problem?

At 05:28 AM 11/18/98 PST, "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com> wrote:
>If 10% of the players are signed under the Bird Exception, that means
>every team has one or two of them.

Jim, please don't paraphrase what I say in a way that changes the meaning. I
didn't say 10% were signed, I said affected -i.e. it could be applied. Nor
does that automatically mean every team has 1 or 2, that's about 10% league
wide.

>You
>make a distinction between Bird Exception players and second year
>extensions.  The problem is that it is exactly those players who are
>being given the Bird Exception.

*I* don't make a distinction, they are in fact two different things. How can
you tell -wipe out one and the other still exists. The Bird Exemption goes
back to the 80s and only applies to vets with at least 3 years gone on a
given contract. The rookie extension comes from the last CBA and applies to
second year rookies.
Two different situations, two different groups of players.
<snip>

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net