Re: Owners now the problem?

Excuse me?  I did not intend to distort your meaning, I was simply
stating that 10% is a significant amount statistically.  If you are
going to make vague statements like "10% are affected" expect to be
misinterpreted now and again.  As far as not every team having one or
two players "affected" by the Bird Exception, of course they don't.
It's on average.  Like saying that on average, every family has 2.3
children* when, in reality, no family does**.

Jim

* For illustrative purposes only, not intended to reflect actual
demographic statistics.  Please do not correct.

** Women 3 months pregnant notwithstanding.

>Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:48:30 -0500
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>From: Kim Malo <kmalo19@idt.net>
>Subject: Re: Owners now the problem?
>
>At 05:28 AM 11/18/98 PST, "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>>If 10% of the players are signed under the Bird Exception, that
>>means every team has one or two of them.
>
>Jim, please don't paraphrase what I say in a way that changes the
>meaning. I didn't say 10% were signed, I said affected -i.e. it >could
be applied. Nor does that automatically mean every team has 1