latte: What's Hot at LATimes.com 3.04

LATTE

As the official Web site for CBS2-TV, Channel 2000 offers constantly updated news and information for the Los Angeles area.  Working with CBS2-TV, Channel 2000 provides current news and weather information for all of Southern California.
With a full-time staff of journalists working every day in the CBS2 newsroom, Channel 2000 has breaking news when it happens. Taking advantage of the power of the Internet, Channel 2000 is constantly updated, providing viewers with the latest stories, forecasts and much more.
http://www.latimes.com/c2000_latte_t

Dear Registered User:

We wanted to update you on the newest areas, sections and features on http://www.latimes.com/?MAIL. This email is sent ONLY to people who have registered at our site, and only to people who chose during registration to receive mail.

Latte is also available online at http://www.latimes.com/HOME/LATTE/?MAIL.  We are currently redesigning Latte and have created a short, 5-question survey at http://www.latimes.com/HOME/LATTE/survey.htm?MAIL.  We ask that you please fill out the survey so we can better understand your needs and improve our newsletter accordingly. Thank you for choosing latimes.com as your online source for news and information, and we look forward to implementing your ideas.

WHAT'S NEWS AT www.latimes.com:
**Hot Topics**
* IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS
* THE MICROSOFT TRIAL
* HOLIDAY SNEAKS- MOVIE PREVIEWS
* LAUNCH POINT
* THE BEST VIEWS
* HUNTER
* RENTAL PROPERTIES

IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS
http://www.latimes.com/scandal?MAIL
Follow our continuing coverage of the Clinton impeachment process.  We will feature live coverage of the hearings in audio and video format, as well as provide news and editorial coverage of the proceedings.  Voice your opinions on the hearings, or find out how other users feel by joining our discussion group.

THE MICROSOFT TRIAL
http://www.latimes.com/HOME/NEWS/REPORTS/MICROSOFT/?MAIL
Find out about the ongoing trial of Microsoft and the Justice Department.  We continually update this special section and keep you apprised by providing past stories, key players, a timeline, witnesses, arguments, and key documents.  We also feature a survey and discussion board that allows users to share their views.

HOLIDAY SNEAKS - MOVIE PREVIEWS
http://www.calendarlive.com/HOME/CALENDARLIVE/MOVIES/HOLSNEAKS/
With the Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas season upon us, find out which movies are in Hollywood's year-end blowout, and who may be an Oscar contender. The American Film Institute presents "100 years and 100 movies", chronicling the century's 100 greatest films.  You'll also find our extensive coverage of entertainment news, weekend box-office updates, studio briefing, and a special X-Files report.

LAUNCH POINT
http://www.latimes.com/HOME/LEARNING/LAUNCH/?MAIL
Check out the best Web sites for getting your schoolwork done or for just having fun. Direct links to all the great educational sites listed in Launch Point--plus more!

THE BEST VIEWS
http://www.calendarlive.com/HOME/CALENDARLIVE/HOLD/topstory1105.htm
This special feature highlights the most beautiful and dramatic views in Southern California. These ten awe-inspiring lookout spots, from Santa Barbara to San Diego, are complemented with dramatic photographs.   You can sightsee and explore the beautiful scenery from Southern California, without having to leave your computer.

HUNTER
You can save time while getting the latimes.com news and information that is most important to you.  You can easily customize your latimes.com. news by using our "Hunter" service.  Hunter allows you to choose your own subjects, or to choose topics from a list of subjects, and than personalize the news you receive.  Go to http://www.latimes.com?MAIL and click on the "Hunter" icon.

RENTAL PROPERTIES
http://www.latimes.com/rentals?MAIL
http://www.apartments.com
Both Southern Californians and national renters can find rental properties on our site.  By visiting http://www.latimes.com/rentals?MAIL Southern Californians can now simultaneously search the highly detailed, interactive ads of Apartments.com featuring dozens of interior and exterior photos, floor plans and even video-and the most up-to-date database of classified rental property listings. Our national users, interested in national rental properties, can also find useful information through http://www.apartments.com. Apartment hunters can also review the latest information about communities, local entertainment, moving, and news and views provided by latimes.com.

SUBSCRIBING AND UNSUBSCRIBING

If you ever wish to UNSUBSCRIBE, follow these instructions:

2.) If you subscribed with a different address than the one you're currently at, put your old e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. Don't include anything else.

To SUBSCRIBE:

1.) Go to http://www.latimes.com/HOME/REGISTER/?MAIL (This is case sensitive.)
2.) Register! (It's FREE, and lets you use Hunter and the Archives, Discussions and Crosswords, as well as Latte.)
3.) At the bottom of the page, answer "YES" to the question "Would you like to receive..."

TO CHANGE TO REGULAR E-MAIL, OR TO CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS:

1.) Go to http://www.latimes.com/HOME/MEMBER/UPDATE/?MAIL  (This is case sensitive)
2.) At the bottom of the page, answer "regular mail" to the question "Would you prefer to receive e-mail from us in regular or HTML format?"
3.) Type your new e-mail address over your old one.

SPONSORSHIP AND ADMINISTRATIVE

To reach a real human, write to feedback@latimes.com. Please include your e-mail address and LA. Times member name in the body of your message.

If you are interested in advertising on our Web site or in this update, please write to advertise@latimes.com.

Copyright 1998 Los Angeles Times. All Rights Reserved. Please forward in entirety as appropriate.