Re: Karl Malone

During the playoffs Malone talked about how he wants to play on a team with
a dominant center at some point. During the All-Star Game Michael Jordan
talked about loving the city of New York. At the time, I thought that
Jordan was signaling that he would/could play in NY and that Malone also
wanted to go to either NY, LA or Miami. I guess Karl was serious. Part of
me thinks he's a schmuch for wanting to go to LA, but then if all he wants
is a championship, maybe going to LA will do that and send a signal to
other players that winning the big one is the most important thing....not
any individual glory.

Here's my question....what about Stockton? Or does Malone think that
Stockton is almost finished anyway?

With Barkley having the same thoughts (taking less money to play ONLY on a
championship caliber team)....is this a new trend in the NBA? Players
engineer ways to be on the same team (by not taking as much money or
demanding trades) just to win the championship. Thus a psuedo All-Star team
is created. I suppose it could be done. The grass, however, is always
greener. LA has its' own issues.

Hmm.

TJL