Re: Lil Penny?

         Reply to:   Re: Lil Penny?

I keep hoping on some sort of compromise deal between the 6 year, $100 mil Twon is said to want ($16.6 mil/yr) and the $14 mil a year Pitino is said to be able to authorize without Gaston's say-so ($84 mil total). It doesnt seem like such a wide gulf, in the world of ridiculous NBA salaries.

Peter May also made a good point on the Sporting News Web site: if Gaston demonstrates he is not willing to pay the top-dollar salaries that are needed to keep or attract top players and win rings, how long will Pitino stick around?