10 more predictions

Since I'm terrible at predicting when lockouts will end, I've decided to
predict what trades may occur and where big free agents will land when
the current NBA lockout ends.  The trades are subject to minor players
being added to balance the salaries.

1. Elden Campbell to Toronto for Charles Oakley.  This deal was probably
agreed to before the lockout but couldn't take place until after when
Oakley's salary jumps from about $2M to $8M.

2.  Latrell Spreewell to Miami for PJ Brown and Voshon Leonard.  No one
will take Jamal Mashburn off of Riley's hands at this point.  He's
approaching Pervis Ellison status.  If Hardaway and Spreewell can get
through a season without killing each other, they'll make a great
backcourt.

3.  Pierce and Knight to Portland for Kelvin Cato.  I know the Pierce
lovers (ie WC) will object to this one, but I really don't see Pierce
staying with the team.  We know Pitino has been talking to Portland,
watching Pierce play at UCLA, and searching for a durable, young center.
Cato is a tough interior defender who won't shy away from body to body
defense and can block shots as well.

4.  Rod Strickland signs with Houston, which also trades for Horace Grant.

5.  Barkley signs with the Bulls, replacing Scottie Pippen.  Jordan plays
for one more year, accepting the greatest challenge of all: Winning a
title without Pippen or Phil Jackson.

6.  Pippen and Matt Geiger (about $4M per year) sign with Phoenix, which
also resigns McDyess.

7.  Gugliotta lands in Detroit.  Detroit now boasts the most talented
yet really soft frontline in all of basketball: Grant Hill, Googs, and
Brian Williams.

8.  Ike Austin joins the Jazz.  Unfortunately for the Jazz, Greg Ostertag
is now virtually impossible to trade because of his brain affliction.

9.  Paul M admits to the list that he is actually a Laker fan who can't
stop chanting "Kobe Bryant slam dunk giant".

10. If the lockout causes the cancellation of the season, the Celtics,
still having the tenth lottery position, win the lottery and draft Lamar
Odom.

Jeremy