PITINO

    A year ago everyone, nearly, was ecstatic about the coming of Rick Pitino.  Now it seems he's the bad guy.  Is this because of Walker's situation?  I've never been a big fan of his, mainly because I hate watching coaches who run up and down the sidelines and yell the whole game long.  That's what college coaches do, and I don't care for it in the pros.  Having said that, I think we should not be passing judgement on him because of newspaper reports of trouble between he and Walker.  I don't think we really know what's going on between them, if anything really is.  I was extremely upset with him when he got rid of ALL the players.  I still wish we had Fox and Wesley, particularly.  All for Knight, who's done what for us so far?  I don't think they were losers at all.  Some, yes - but not all by a long shot.  They were victims of M L's system.
    As to Walker, I think he's heading in the wrong direction.  If he would agree to what most of us consider a reasonable contract, he'd get rewarded later when they've been able to put together a complete team of winners.  Everyone says he's young in his defense and they're right, but because he's young he also has plenty of time to become the player he already thinks he is and to get the bigger bucks.  There's plenty of blame to go around - for Pitino, for Walker, for the owners and the union.  If we're going to have a season at all, this lockout will have to end soon.  Then perhaps we'll find out what's really going on, if that's possible.  Meanwhile, as usual, it's the fans who suffer.

Dorine