Re: TALKING TO PLAYERS

>How does everyone feel about the League letting the clubs talk to the
>players?  Do you agree with Hunter that they're trying to undermine the
>union?  Just curious.
>Dorine

They're defintiely trying to undermine union leadership. If it's true that
the vast majority of players would be helped by management's offer, as
management continues to say, then the majority will demand that the
leadership accept the offer or step aside. If this doesn't happen,
management could simply continue to demonize union leadership/agents. No
harm...no foul. This move is a win/win for the owners. It, as they say,
can't hurt. I think Hunter's response concerning the gm's is interesting.
Perhaps there's something to it. I haven't been following the nuts and
bolts of the negotiations, but I love the public posturing on both sides.
Very entertaining.

Paul M