Re: Peter Vecsey: Knicks Want Sprewell; Agents Don't Want Owners' Plan

If I were paranoid, I'd start thinking that the entire lockout was a
plan to shorten the season, just so Jordan will play this year.
Somebody tell me it's not true.  Where's the voice of reason?  Paul?

>Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 08:51:20 -0500
>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>CC: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Peter Vecsey: Knicks Want Sprewell; Agents Don't Want Owners'
Plan

>Vecsey makes a good point about why the agents so detest the owners
>plan.
>He also notes that Denver is after Gugliotta...

   PHIL JACKSON tells me, despite Michael Jordan's vocal
   union activity of late, he still thinks His Airness
   plans to retire.
   I don't know anything for sure, Jackson said. It's
   nothing he's told me. It's an unspoken feeling I get
   from talking with him. The only way I can see him
   returning is if the schedule is reduced to 50-to-60
   games. Other than that, I can't see him putting his
   mind and body through the grind again.