Re: Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: DJessen33@aol.com <DJessen33@aol.com>
>This is where we part ways, Paul. I don't think Walker will ever be the
best
>PF. He's not a PF. Malone is the prototypical PF and Walker will never have
>the bulk.

I don't get the ever thing, I mean who was Karl Malone in his second year?
Did anybody see him as one of the 50 greatest player in his second year?

>Like I've stated before, Walker is more of a tweener between the 3
>and 4. He doesn't shoot well enough outside to be a 3 and doesn't have the
>bulk, height, or jumping ability to be the best 4 in basketball.

Walker has adequate bulk to play the 4, he is taller than Oakley and weighs
almost as much. I don't hear anybody in his right mind calling Oakley a
tweener. Regarding jumping ability, he may not be a leaper like Mercer but
the last time I saw him in person he has an adequate vertical. His speed is
what makes him formidable against other 4's.

>BTW, didn't we only win 14 games a year ago? Pitino must be doing something
>right.

Don't also forget that ML Carr also won 32 games with a team not very
different from the one Pitino inherited and Chris Ford took a similiar one
to the playoffs. I am not undermining Pitino's efforts just stating  that
sometimes such stats could present a very lop-sided view.

      - Mishra