RE: NBA announcers & Marv Albert

Right on about the announcers and asking for Marv to come back. I think
the guy's been out in the cold for long enough.
As for the game, man, was I mad - I had set the VCR for 3 hours and I
ran out of tape just when the Pacers were leading 87-86 with about a
minute left in the game! (the stuff nightmares are made of).
Fortunately, CNN Sports came on a couple of minutes later and I was able
to see all the clutch shots - some made and some missed. So now the
Bulls are at the receiving end of the foul calls - and do they like it?
Man, is Phil Jackson whining or what? Welcome to Planet Earth, old chap,
where "ornery" people get called for the fouls they actually commit.
Michael Jordan playing with 4 fouls at the beginning of the 4th!! That's
right, count 'em, 4 fouls. Guess that "bump in the road" has become a
hill that can't be climbed as easily as you once thought.

Smits had a monster game, followed closely by Jalen Rose (why was he on
the bench for so long?). And of course, Killer Miller delivering the
knock-out punch!

Through it all, Bird sat - calm, serene, unruffled, - I can only think
of Bjorn Borg - the original "Ice-Borg" who never lost it thru' umpteen
Wimbledon championships, even when he was playing McEnroe (Rodman's
tennis counterpart, but with far more talent).

Wednesday night NBC, here I come!

venkat