Re: Don't Bash the Shaq - without thinking

> From: "Sampath, Venkatesh" <Venkatesh.Sampath@microcell.ca>
> Subject: RE: Godzilla
>
> While I have no great sympathy for Shaq, I think one has to recognize
> the fact that he is one of the premier centres in the league. You may
> attribute it to his size and power (he does after all figure at the top
> in scoring and rebounding) and say he has no other skills besides, but
> unfortunately that's what a centre needs to do - intimidate thru' size
> and power.
______________________________

     I followed Shaq in college from his earliest days, hoping the C's
would somehow luck out and get him. Before bashing him, here's a few
positive thoughts:

     Shaq at age ??20?? had more ink and more money than about anyone.
Did he go druggie?   Did he throw tantrums ?  Has he embarressed his
team or himself in anyway?   Here is a 'kid' with EVERYTHING thrown at
him and has turned out great!   Who has handled the fame, money,
whatevers better that you can think of?  Did he complain in Orlando? Do
you blame him for preferring Southern Calif to Orlando?  What does he
complain about today?   BEING BUTCHERED EVERY NIGHT! Triple-Teamed.
HAK-A-SHAK.  I think Shaq could physically and mentally take out ANYBODY
in the league and really HURT them. Has he??   Really the only two
faults Shaq has is - foul shots - and think about Wilt C. He was a great
shooter from 3 point range and anywhere else, but couldn't make foul
shots..and you can think of many other examples. Shaq's only other
'fault' is that he is not wearing Celtic green. Be fair when you bash.