Re: Sports Ilustrated Fred Taylor: Bulls Dynasty Greater Than Celtics

<< What do you consider to be a greater accomplishment: the
 Bulls' (probably) six titles in eight years, which would
 have been eight straight if Jordan hadn't temporarily
 retired, or the Celtics' run of eight in a row in the '60s?
 I would have to say the Bulls' run has to be ranked higher.
 The players are better, the travel schedule more grinding,
 and one thing that is often forgotten is the playoffs are
 much longer than in the earlier
 era.

You argument is hypothetical and assumes that the Bulls would have won if
Jordan hadn't retired. Well, Jordan couldn't take the mental aspects of the
game anymore and had to quit. If he hadn't quit, you can't assume his team
would have automatically won. He needed the time to recharge. Russell may have
been tougher mentally and didn't have to quit a couple years to recharge. The
bottom line is pure logic in my book, a real eight straight is better than a
hypothetical eight straight...

DJessen33