Lamar Odom

Actually thinking about Odom, more, I actually would prefer him over everyone
but Hughes, and Hughes as someone mentioned in a reply to my post is likely to
be gone. Odom I think would be our starting wing forward(3) at some point, and
considering that we have McCarty and Minor there right now, I think he would
start fairly quickly. He could play a little 2 guard, and maybe down the line
he could play some 4 as he gains some weight such as 10-15 pounds, but I think
that he would be the all around 3 that we need, and he is a good defensive
player and with his 6'9" 220 frame he is also a long defender on the wing, a
la Scottie Pippen, whom we know that Pitino loves, and I love because of his
versatility in that he can guard at least 3 positions, can bring the ball up
the court, can pass, and can score inside and outside. The only thing is that
he is still young, and is immature. But when you are at 10, you are not going
to have a finished product, in fact there are probably 3 or 4 finished
products in this draft(Bibby, LaFrentz, Jamison, maybe Pierce). I think that
if we stay at 10, and what I think will go down 1-9 does, then Pitino will
pick from Odom, Harrington, and Keon Clark. If that's the case, he should take
Odom because of his vast tools.
Someone mentioned Rashard Lewis and he can hit the outside shot, and he is a
good athlete at 6'10", but I could not see a whole heck of a lot of dribbling
ability in his game. Harrington on the other hand can dribble the ball up
court and take people to the hole. If he is indeed 6'6" then that eliminates
him in my opinion, but I think that he is at least 6'7" and looked fairly
close to 6'8", but we'll have to see at the Chicago camp what everyone
measures at as that can go a long way with prospects such as Harrington,
Jamison(who is slipping mightily), Traylor, and many others. Remember
sometimes they can be bigger than you think too, as Antoine Walker actually
grew an inch or two upon going to the camp over his UK listing.