Re: Chicago Complaining

Dan Forant wrote:

> Chicago news media is complaining about Birds complaining. The article is
> in todays NY Post. Jordan said Bird complained about calls when he played,
> and now as coach. I have been watching these games and it's a brawl one
> way. Pippen has terrorized Jackson, who is as slow a molasses anyway, but
> he is getting away with it. He is constantly bumping him before he even
> gets near half court. This is Larry's job, to tell the refs enough is
> enough. You have to stick up for your players. TV land is so scared of
> having a Pacer-Jazz Championship series it may have an effect on the refs.
>
> This series is over. Bird should have been on the refs more, both games
> were very close and Pacers could have had a split. This series could have
> been coached better. The first game strategy towards the end with seconds
> left was wasted. The second, Jackson and Miller got mugged. If the refs
> think your "cool" they'll treat you like a cool fool.
>
> There is no bigger cry baby than Jordan. I would love to see a team stop
> them this year. The Jazz have the team to do it. The Bulls do look
> vulnerable, but their not going to give it away. When does the next series
> start??

If the Pacers want to have a chance at all in this series they have to
get very physical, right now it is only the Bulls that are being
physical, Suggest to Larry take a very famous play out of the old Celts
playoff playbook when McHale clotheslined and fouled hard I think it was
Rambis and the Fakers were watching for hard fouls instead of playing
BB. It changed that whole series around. As many of the fouls that Indy
commits should be of the very hard variety. The Knicks with less talent
than the Pacers gave the Bulls all they could handle by playing very
physical and almost every foul NY committed against them was always very
hard.
As far as MJ crying, what else is new. The Bulls don't have enough game
towels for him to wipe his crocodile tears. He is the only player in
history to claim to have committed less fouls than the other famous
crybaby of NBA lore, Rick Barry.
I have learned over the years not to count out Bird until the last
whistle blows although you are right about trying to beat the Bulls.

Regards
Hart