Re: FA money and draft

>Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:15:40 -0400
>To: krai@gis.net
>From: gandahlf@capecod.net
>Subject: Re: FA money and draft
>
>Dumping Travis is NOT the answer!! Unless we trade him for a large body
that can rebound and play defense. Travis is a pf in a centers body, the
major problem is we have to play him at center when he should be playing
the 4.

>	Secondly, if Pitino's gm skills are in question then please answer this
question. How did we go from being 10 million over the cap with NO relief
in sight till at least 1999 to having 5 million to spend this year in the
free agent market. Because of his lack of skill as a gm??? Pitino was
saddled with the worst possible scenario in 97 to having cap flexibility in
98. hmmm, sounds to me like he is doing pretty well with the hand he was
dealt. When Pitino first came on board his statement was "our first goal is
to put value back in the franchise" second "to give the fans entertainment
for their dollar" third
>"to build this franchise back to the level of play Boston fans expect"
>By opening 5 million in cap space and improving our win loss record by
>20 games he has done #1. If you can honestly say that the Celtics were not
more entertaining this year as compared to the past 5 years, We were not
watching the same team!! As for #3 We will have to wait and see.