Larry Bird & the playoffs

  If there's any one person who doesn't fear competing against
the Bulls, it's Larry Bird.  He lives for this kind of competition;
he always wants a tougher challenge.  Hopefully his attitude will
rub off on his players and they'll go into the series more
confident than fearful.  I think he has them believing that if
they play their best, they'll beat the Bulls, because they know
HE believes it.  Some of the players might start to feel intimidated,
but when they look at their leader and see him not the least bit
intimidated, and actually excited by the challenge, that will help
them feel more confident, and feel the need to rise to the challenge.
This could be a series that goes to a higher level that we haven't seen
since the many Celtics/Lakers series of the 80's.  I can't wait.

  I'd love to see Indiana vs. Utah in the final.  Then some of these
veteran all-stars who've never won it all before and are running out of
time in their careers will definitely win a championship.

Jon Mc