Re: Bird Manager of Year

          Bird doesn't deserve coach of the year? You or I could take
          his team this far? But Larry Brown couldn't. Remember, the
          team Bird took over didn't make the playoffs last year. Now,
          the Pacers are contenders for the NBA title. Coach of the
          year? You bet. Fratello should be second and Pitino third,
          although I think the Celtic/Pitino backlash probably cost
          him votes.

          But to say Bird doesn't deserve the coach of the year award
          is a little nuts. He's done a wonderful job.

          Mark