Re: Mercer/Mohammed

-----Original Message-----

>Was it not last year that Pitino had nothing to say about Mercer, whom he
>then took with the six pick? Has anyone noticed that Rick has nothing to
>say about Nazr???

There is a big differemce between Mercer and Nazr. Mercer was rated 2nd or
3rd <depending on which draft report you follow> best player coming out of
College. Nazr is not even among the first 10, RP doesn't have to blow
smoke-screens if he wants to take Nazr. He should go most talented route
even if it entails 1 2 or 4 <assuming that we are well stacked there>.

>Possibilities a plenty!! As we all know Rick is known for
>the smokescreens. Is he looking to trade down?? He has stated he is not
>impressed  after the 3rd pick, is it smoke and mirrors, this is the one
thing I love
>about Pitino, you never know untill he does it!!!!

Actually nobody is basically after #4 or #5 the draft comprises of equally
talented pplayers down to #14. The key is to draft a player with most
upside. I like high schoolers Harrington, Lewis, Odom better than Doleac,
Nazr etc.

> I really think Nazr is
>in his plans, afterall isn't Rick the one that recruited him?? Nazr is a
>project but could fall as low as 20 in the draft. I think if we can sign a
>decent 3 or 4 through free agency we will take Nazr. He has Pitino's heart,
>attitude and work ethic with some real natural shot blocking and rebounding
>skills. IMO the points will come in a couple of years.

I doubt it, unless Nazr falls into the 2nd round I don't see how Pitino can
get him. After all nobody will give us a 1st round draft pick in return for
Jones, Barros, Minor etc.
                                                                       -
Mishra