Re: J.Williams/The Cap

OK now that I have jumped on the sign Jayson bandwagon, what contract and
cap space will it take?

Say he wants 70MM over the given 7 years, let's see my abacus tells me that
is 10MM average per year.  To get to this requires, correct me if I am
wrong, to start nearer to 6MM, and with the 20% annual kicker the total
after 7 years would be about 70MM.  It does not mean that we have to have
10MM in cap space, only say about 6MM, to make this deal.  This is exactly
how the Fakers signed Clank to the huge deal he got a few years ago.

Can someone please tell us all the fine details of how the cap rules works
into a contract. All assumptions based on the current CBA.

To use Warwicks possible cap space of 8MM+, I assume we could offer someone
this contract:

Year 1:	8MM
        2:	9.6
        3:	11.5
        4:	13.8
        5:	16.6
        6:	19.9
        7:	23.9
Total:  103.3MM

This assumes the 20% annual increase, compounded each year

If this is true, it may not be, then would a McDyess come to Boston for a
100MM+ deal?  Who knows.  This soft cap scenario is clearly part with what
is wrong with the CBA now IMO.  I believe the some kind of new agreement
must be closer to the true spirit of a real cap.  All teams will be playing
m/l with the same rules.

As a group I also feel that we need to think bad thoughts regarding the
Fakers ability to win tonight on their home court.  If the Sonics stink it
up themselves again like two nights ago, then I fear for the rest of the
playoffs, and on.

Greg