Re: Walker Sucks?!

>I agree that Walker needs to work on several aspects of his game, which most
>on the list do, but saying he sucks is absolutely absurd. This guy has
>practically carried the team on his back this season for as much as he
>could, without a ton of consistent help. He is not afraid to take shots in
>clutch situations or be the leader we need. The stats are there. Sure he
>could improve in his FG%, FT%, etc, but very very few players are perfect as
>you seem to be basing it on. Even the Antoine bashers have to agree with me
>on this one.. Frankly there is no reason in hell to say he sucks. I know
>there are many people on the list who think he has to be perfect, but
>nothing we can change about that. I am extremely pleased with Walker's first
>2 years and the future looks great, but that line is just unnecessary...
>You're in BeanTown now baby, BeanTown!!
>
>- -Ed "Bird33"

I agree with you all the way on this one Ed.  To say Walker "sucks" is just
insanity!  I think the case here with people who say he "sucks" is that
they are over compensating for his popularity, you know what I mean?  Much
like with Drew Bledsoe and the Patriots.  He does not come even close to
sucking, but since he is (or should I say was?) so popular among Patriots
fans people feel the need to exaggerate their negative statements towards
him.  When people talk about basketball players that "sucky" I think of
Felton Spencer, Alton Lister, etc., the kinds of players that are bad
enough they never get to play and if they do they just leave you wishing
they hadn't been born.  That is "sucking."  Walker can work on his game in
some areas, but like it or not he is the backbone of this team.  Lose him
and the Celtics are just another Golden State or Denver.

Another thing that people should keep in mind is that he has been in the
league two freaking years.  Its not like we are talking about Isaiah Rider
here where people have waited forever for him to improve and he just hasn't
done it.  Walker was good as a rookie, improved this year enough to make
the all-star team, and probably will continue to improve.  Everyone should
keep this in mind rather than taking for granted his athletic talents and
proclaiming he is a loser because he hasn't capitalized on them.

Tim

rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at:
http://www.ptialaska.net/~rnault/PatriotsPage.html