Mercer for Dampier..maybe Jones

Jeremy wrote:

>Now I admit a few of these are debatable, but I don't see Mercer making
>the all-star team in the next five years.  On the other hand, with the
>lack of centers in the eastern conference, I could see Pitino developing
>Dampier into a near all-star.

It does seem like Dampier is going to be awfully good. He would, to say the
least, help.

>I'm not saying Mercer for Dampier is the best possible scenario, I was
>just responding to someone who asked what it would take to get him.  I
>still like the idea of packaging Travis Knight, Dana Barros, and our
>lottery pick to the Lakers for Elden Campbell.  That would leave us with
>all of our cap room to get the best available forward that we can afford.

Here's something I've been thinking about. If the Lakers don't win it this
year, I think there's a pretty good chance that Eddie Jones is gone.
Now...if you're the Celtics do you put together a package of Mercer, Knight
and some other stiff
(plenty to choose from) for Eddie Jones? I'll be honest, I think Campbell
has a ton of talent, but man...he's a mess sometimes. Can it "all" be that
he just can't play with Shaq? Do the Lakers go for this trade? They seemed
to like Travis an awful lot. Eddie can play. I have some problems with
him...but he's young and he can play. I know the Lakers lust after
Richmond...but adding Knight might do the trick. And....Jones is the
perfect (next to Pippen) "Pitino-player."

Paul M