Re: Mercer (was Re: Dr. J and arrogance)

I agree with Kim on Mercer.  If you're not a good three point shooter the
best thing you can do is to have the sense to not shoot the 3.  And mercer
is smart enough to know he isn't ready to become a 3 point shooter.
Everybody today wants to shoot the 3, it is refreshing to see someone
who doesn't.

Reggie Lewis was a great player and a great shooter.  But you never saw
him take 3's.  He knew his range was to just inside the 3-point line.  And
he wa great within that range.  That's how I see Mercer.  Develop the rest
of his game, don't worry about the long-range bombs.

Leave the 3-point shooting to Dana.