Re: Re: Ratliff and Geiger

I find it impossible to believe that any good player would sit out playoff
games to protect himself for his next contract.  If there were an atom of
truth to that, I would avoid that player like the plague.

as for injuries:  Geiger has seldom had them, let along serious chronic ones.
But as a white big man, he is bound to become injury prone as he hits thirty.
(Quick -- name me the last white big guy besides Kevin McHale to be a serious
contributor over the age of thirty?)

Another thing that continues to worry me about Geiger is that he gets all his
points Travis Knight style -- tailing the break, slashing in the weak side,
etc.  That shit works when you have anthony mason on the other side and glen
rice on the perimeter, but we need a guy to get the ball on teh block and get
down to business.  Nor is he much of a shot blocker.

I am much more enthusiastic about Michael Stewart, who has true hops, and
isn't weak either.  This guy could be the ultra quick center we need, esp. on
defense, if Pitino could teach him the lost art of shotblocking.  (Shaquille
still doesn't know -- the guy tries to block every shot, and when he does, he
slaps it into the third row).

I like Geiger as an acquisition, but not as the key acquisition.  I would
rather have Popeye Jones and Stewart.

josh