Re: Geiger-lore

	I don't want to be the offical spokesperson for Geiger or anything
like that because as I said before, I'm only modestly interested in signing
him but it seems like we may need to clean up some half truths being tossed
around as gospel.  1.  He has a pulled hamstring, not a bad back.  2. It
has been stated several times that he is injury prone--I don't know much of
his history, what chronic injuries has he had?  3. He is asking for $10
million/yr--did this oft-quoted sum actually come from a reputable source
or is this just list-lore?  4.  It has already been stated on the list that
the Charlotte paper reported that he was NOT drinking alcohol at the
stadium lounge.  5.  It was recently mentioned that Robert Parish was a
20/10 man in Golden State and therefore was worth a risk that Geiger has
not earned.  I don't have any cold stats in front of me but I really don't
think Parish was a 20/10 player at GS--I think his numbers were quite
similar to Geiger's in fact.  Please correct me if I'm wrong here.  Let's
keep it clean out there.

Goggin in Cincinnati