Re: Dr. J and arrogance

>If Rodman's arrogance was
>viewed as  such a positive for his team why is he not with the Pistons?  He
>can rebound and play defence.  I won't argue that, but please don't hint
>that his *attitude* is perceived as a positive by anyone other than a biased
>Isiah Thomas.

Is it possible he's biased but he's still right? Speaking of the Pistons,
every time I see Grant Hill disappear in the fourth quarter of very
winnable games I can't help but think that a little more arroagance or
confidence (whatever you want to call it) sure might help his game and his
teammates.

>He would still be with the Spurs if he was such a positive guy.  The Admiral
>would have risen to his defence in order to keep him.

You know...speaking of "The Admiral,"....well...kind of the same thing.
Rodman is a lunatic, there's no doubt about it. And yes, sometimes that
arrogant attitude isn't helpful. But just like the discussion about Antoine
maturing (he might, he might not), arrogance / confidence might give a
player an edge to perform better. It might be helpful...it might not.

>Rodman's arrogance has also caused suspensions, technicals and countless
>clashes with teammates, which I hardly view as *great*.

It might also lead him to excel. You think Mourning wouldn't like to see
him playing on his side for a change. And one more thing about "The
Admiral." Maybe Rodman had zero respect for his game and his heart. How
many rings has Rodman collected? I'd say his crappy attitude has served him
and a lot of his teammates pretty well. I wish I could say the same for the
very Saint-like Grant Hill and David Robinson. Should Antoine tone down the
arrogance? Maybe...maybe not. Maybe he needs it to excel.

Paul M