Random Thoughts

Some random thoughts:

1) Jamison needs another year of school. Comparisons to Worthy are fairly
accurate, but from experience I see a more athletic John Wallace. Same
size, same game, same demeanor. The problem with Jamison is that his game
is all inside, and at 6'8'' and 220 or so that won't cut it. He needs to
work on his J and ballhandling to be able to play the 3 in the NBA. In
fact the next jumper he makes outside 10 feet will be his first.

2) Traylor would look good playing PF between Walker and a FA center
(Geiger, Ratliff, etc.). With his low-post offense a scoring center
would not be as necessary. That means a defender/shotblocker/rebounder
like like above. It would be crucial for him to keep the weight down and
stay in shape in order to 'survive' in Pitino's system.

3) As you can probably see, I think we should do everything in our power
to acquire a low-post scoring threat. I believe that it will be much
easier to get a 4 to do this instead of a 5, looking at the draft and free
agent prospects. It is crucial to stretch-run and playoff success to get
this type of player for 'grind it out' types of games, unless your guards
are named Jordan, Pippen, and Kukoc.

I would enjoy seeing responses to these thoughts. That's what lists like
these are great form the free-flow of ideas, Celtics-related or not.

-Jeremy

   Jeremy P. Ryan
   jeryan@mailbox.syr.edu

   Boston Celtics -- 16 NBA World Championships
   Syracuse Orangemen -- 1996 NCAA Final Four
   New York Yankees -- 1996 World Series Champions