Pippen

"Uncle Odie" <ttfn11@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Why is there an anti-Pippen feeling on this list? Again, he did have
> >his moments of dissension,
>
> Whoah... Stop right there.  I don't care if it is just one moment, as
> long as it was the one where he "took himself out of the game" because
> the play was called for Kukoc, not Pippen.  While I agree that he is
> talented, I don't like that attitude, or the attitude that he dispalyed
> earlier this year.  I say, look for a younger player with integrity &
> desire.

Oh, it's one hell of a lot more than just one moment.  He also threw a
couple of public temper tantrums, including the infamous chair-
throwing incident (I don't recall the particulars), he told the press
that the Bulls didn't miss Michael Jordan after Jordan "retired", and
he publicly berated *rookie* Toni Kukoc when the Bulls were in a
slump, essentially saying it was Kukoc's fault - what leadership.  And
let's not forget the incessant whining about his contract and about
how much *other* players were being paid.  Pippen has always been a
whiner and a prima donna.

> >and one of the greatest players in the game?
>
> Would he have been an all-time great if he didn't play with (for)
> Jordan?  I don't think so...

Actually, Pippen didn't achieve full superstar status until he proved
himself with Jordan out of the lineup.  His scoring *and* field goal
percentage went up without the great Jordan to set him up for easy
baskets and take the defensive pressure off him.  Oh, yeah, and his
defense improved, too.

You could say Jordan feeds off Pippen just as much as Pippen feeds off
Jordan.  You may recall, Jordan did have his difficulties early this
season with Pippen sidelined.

> No.  He is not underpaid. Even a ****** like Barkley admits that no
> player making over 1 million is "underpaid".

Well, to be fair, Barkley has never been known for greed.

All that said, I wouldn't want Pippen in Boston if we have to give up
anything valuable to get him, because he's just too damn old.