Sonics

Here's an interesting suggestion: Root against the Sonics in the
playoffs.  I like the Sonics, and I like the Glove and Vin Baker, but if
the Sonics do not do well in the playoffs, (I take that to mean at least
conf. finals) George Karl could be out in Seattle.  Why is this
important to the Celtics? Well, if Karl doesn't resign there is a much
less likely chance that Baker will resign with Seattle, and everyone
knows he wants to come to Boston.
We could save our money this offseason, or get a cheap big man via free
agency or draft, and use all our money next offseason to sign Baker, and
then resign Mercer and Walker over the cap using the Larry Bird
exception.  Sure, it would be very, very expensive, but look at the
potential roster, and how it stacks up with this year's West leading
Sonics.

C McIlvaine
PF Baker
SF Schrempf
SG Hawkins
PG Payton

C DeClerq, Geiger, Micheal Stewart?
PF Baker
SF Walker
SG Mercer
PG Anderson

Intriguing, isn't it?  Honestly, accounting for player development I'd
have to give advantage to the Celtics.

Rohan