Draft from onhoops.com

Since the college season is almost over, it's a good time to take a look at
 our futures NBA
All-Stars. A lot of them are underclassmen and I'm not really sure which
ones of them will make
themselves eligible. Here is a ranking of the top college prospects.
Underclassmen will be signaled
with a *.

1: Raef LaFrentz (Kansas) F/C
Right now, people are very high on Jamison, but I think Raef will soon
appear as the number one.
He's perfectly suited for the power forward spot, but he might not be the
first one drafted if Denver
gets the first pick, because they already have a lot of forwards. He's not
as good as Duncan was
last year, but he's better than Van Horn.

2: Mike Bibby (Arizona)* G
He's a high scoring point guard, somewhat like Stoudamire. He has all the
tools to make it in the
NBA, and should make an immediate impact. He just has to work a bit on his
quickness. As he
already won a title, I don't see what could keep him in Arizona. He has
been outplayed by Andre
Miller, though.

3: Paul Pierce (Kansas)* G/F
A do-it-all small forward, he might have to play guard in the NBA. He
really knows the game, and
might be drafted ahead of his teamate LaFrentz. He reminds people of Jim
Jackson (CN: we hope
not!). I'm pretty sure he will declare for the draft, seeing what happened
to his team in the
Tournament.

4: Antawn Jamison (UNC)* F
He 's the favourite of the fans, but he might be not powerful enough to be
a PF in the NBA. Seeing
what's happening to Joe Smith, NBA scouts might get afraid. He declared
recently that he could
stay in college if he's sure that there will be a lockout this summer.

5: Vince Carter (UNC)* G/F
As with Pierce, he should play guard in the NBA. He has "star" written all
over him, and he has a
good stroke from the three. He beats his opponents physically. He isn't as
versatile as Pierce
though, and could stay in college.

6: Mike Doleac (Utah) C
Centers are always in high demand, and this one has had a very good coach
(Majerus). I don't think
he will be a star, maybe not even a starter, but I don't see any C better
than him this year. His good
tournament will help him, like Dampier some seasons ago.

7: Keon Clark (UNLV) F
People were very high on him before the season, but he has been
disappointing since. He has an
attitude problem (he's been suspended twice), and that's the main reason
why he could slide badly.
He won't be there after the 15th spot, though.

8: Miles Simon (Arizona) G
He has great mental toughness, and he can shoot in any position. I see him
having a Ron Mercer's
type of season next year, if he gets drafted by the right team.

9: Pat Garrity (Notre Dame) F
A solid all-around player, he's had a great college career. His only
glaring weakness is his lack of
real talent (CN: always a bit of a problem...), which could cause him to
slip in the rankings.

10: Richard Hamilton (Connecticut)* G/F
He's had a wonderful season and was the Big East player of the year, but I
think he should stay in
college one more season, like the former Husky Ray Allen did. I still
believe he'll make himself
eligible this year.

11: Michael Olowokandi (Pacific) C
He's finally getting the attention he deserves. This guy is an enigma. He
will be compared to Doleac
in the pre-draft workouts. Don't be surprised if he's taken in the top 5...
 or in the second round.

12: Baron Davis (UCLA)* G
He's the most talented PG in the NCAA, but he's clearly not ready. If he
can become more of an
offensive weapon, he will be an All-Star before three years. As he is only
a freshman, I don't think
he will declare for the draft.

13: Kenny Thomas (New Mexico)* F
If the scouts are convinced that he can keep himself in shape, then he gets
 higher, maybe at 6. He's
kind of like Danny Fortson, although he is more versatile. He said he'll
stay for his senior year, but
I'm not so sure.

14: Todd MacCulloch (Washington)* C
He's had a great season, and took his team to the Sweet 16. He reminds me
of Arvydas Sabonis,
and scouts love centers who can pass the ball. I think he's gonna stay for
his senior year, however.

15: Larry Hughes (St Louis)* G
His freshman season was sensational, but he could have gotten a lot more
attention, had he attended
a better university. He's really talented, but his shot selection and his
defense need to be improved. I
could see him jumping to the pros right now.

16: Ansu Sesay (Mississipi) F
He's a talented player who has to gain some weight. He also has to improve
his stroke because he'll
have to play SF in the NBA. He's the kind of guy who could explode in the
pre-draft camps.

17: Robert Traylor (Michigan)* F
Extremely gifted, but he must keep himself in shape to be attractive. I
don't think he can make an
impact at the pro level. Michigan guys usually leave early, so we'll see
about him in June.

18: Elton Brand (Duke)* F
He's the best player in the best team. Enough said. He's only a freshman,
but he could be tempted
by the dollars.

19: Bonzi Wells (Ball State) G
He's a bit like Khalid Reeves, except that he also is a very good stealer.
He's not a shooter, but he
knows how to score.

20: Brad Miller (Purdue) C
He has the chance to be tall and to play in a good team. I still think he
will be a bust, wherever he's
drafted CN: Nup - we believe he'll be a better pro than Doleac. Better work
 ethic - plays under
control, doesn't hurt a team).

21: Cory Carr (Texas Tech) G
He hurt himself by staying for his senior year. Now, everybody knows that
he doesn't have any shot
selection. He's talented, though. But then again, so is Tony Dumas.

22: Toby Bailey (UCLA) G
He reminds me of Doug Christie. He's really versatile, but he is not as
good a shooter as you would
want him to be. His first years will depend on the team that drafts him.

23: Matt Harpring (Georgia Tech) F
Sure, he's had a good season in the best conference, but he will never be
athletic enough to make it
in the NBA. I think he could slide in the draft ala Jerald Honeycutt.

24: Khalid El-Amin (Connecticut)* G
He's a great floor leader, and his teamates love to play with him. It won't
 hurt him to stay one more
year, and I think he will.

25: Tim Young (Stanford)* C
An overrated center since four years, he still has some qualities which
could make him a valuable
backup. I'm sure he'll stay at Stanford.

26:Brian Skinner (Baylor) F
He has been in freefall in the rankings since the beginning of the season.
He has good rebounding
and shot-blocking skills, that's why I think he'll still end drafted in the
 first round. Scouts will see a
new Theo Ratliff in him.

27: Lari Ketner (Massachussets)* C
He has nothing to do in the NBA right now, but he's still talented. It
would be crazy for him to leave.

28: Loren Woods (Wake Forest)* C
See above.

29: JR Henderson (UCLA) F
He'll play the 3 in the NBA, but he has no stroke at all. A classic
tweener.

30: Michael Dickerson (Arizona) G
He's very hyped, but it won't last. He isn't near Carr or Wells are. He
still could have a good career,
if he continues to work on his game, like Aaron McKie.

The most talented of the rest:
Lee Nailon, Anthony Carter, Mike Jones, Ed Cota, Corey Benjamin, Aj Guyton,
 and Andre Miller.

Don't forget the high schoolers Rashard Lewis, Korleone Young, Al
Harrington, Stromile Swift, and
Ed Gadzuric. They could all end up in the lottery, as this draft is pretty
weak. That's also the reason
why you will also see some Euro-chumps like Mirksad Turksan, or Jerome
Mo?so (another
frenchman!).