re Walker & Mercer

Altho' I prefer the attitude of Mercer, I think Walker has greatness within
his reach.  But he needs a firm push.  Here's my suggestion for Coach P:

Call Antoine in and show him some film.  Show him what he can do in all
phases of the game (I mean films of him doing it).  Then select outtakes
of his scowl, his carping at refs, his glowering at opponents; next, show
him the same of Chris Webber.  Then, suggest that he will never be what
he could be without a proper (Mercer like) attitude.  If he disrespects his
teammates by being selfish, his coach by being selfish and stupid, and
his fans, then he may have already achieved all he's going to.

I don't doubt that Coach P. can read him the riot act.  And I suggest it's
about time.  Great coaches don't back off from any player.

Cheers,  Gene  (who used to coach in the girl's church league)

P. S.  but I had the distinction of coaching Leon Barmore's daughter
(he's the best ever college women's coach)