Re: Lockout

Dan,

I would echo your sentiments hoping that the insane economy of the NBA is
brought to rest (and not on the backs of Jane and Joe Fan). Most teams do not
suck, this may have been true in past years. If anything I think teams are
getting better. If anything, I think that the competition level is better this
year than in recent years. The level of play in the Eastern Conference is better
than in past years with 11-12 teams in contention for the 8 spots (no, I don't
think the Celts will make it, but there are 12 teams who could in theory make a
run at the playoffs).

Re: MJ I respect his staying by his coach through all of the malarkey the
Jerry's have pulled in the Windy City. Think of how many players get their
coaches fired with "He goes or I go!", and here is one who is reversing the
trend. And we get upset with him for this? There are not many pro athletes or
professionals at any level who would say "I go unless my boss stays."  No, I am
sorry, Michael did not get more of the NBA then the NBA has got out of him. The
problem is not with the Jordans, Malones, Robinsons of the NBA, but rather with
the 20 yr olds demanding $100 million after 2 years in the league. I do not
begrudge those who get the money, but they need to stop bankrupting the sport.
Hopefully, by reopening and readdressing salaries, rookie and veteran contracts,
etc. the can create a better contract.

Regarding your racist overtones, call Jerry Springer I am sure he can fit you on
his next show.

Don