Re: Pippen

Not in so many words.  I am attempting to say, to someone who seems to
think that Pippen walks on water (as might you, no disrespect), is that
just because he is 2nd fiddle on this "great" dynasty of the diluted 90's,
doesn't make him the best option for this young and improving Celtic team
to get to the level of competing
for a championship.

Pippen alone is not the answer in the next 2 years, and it is near crazy to
assume otherwise.  If we want one championship in this century, while
morgaging the future, so be it.  Now if we were talking about Jordan in
this manner, it
would be an entirely different disscussion.  I am not now or have ever
insinuated that Pippen isn't a great player deserving of a top 50 status, I
am saying with his attitude, work ethic over the years, and his age, he
isn't the great savior for this team.

Sorry if I misrepresented his cleary obvious talent and great career.  A
Pippen 4 or 5 years younger would also be a different matter, though I
still am not on board with his lack of 100% team play, as is the concern
for many others on this list.

Greg

P.S.  When it comes to comparing Pippen to Jordan, he is the true
definition of 2nd fiddle.  Though great he is.