voting

ya know, I was going to ignore this thread because I thought the question
itself was not very valid (losing EITHER mercer or walker while getting
nothing in return will make us all forget about the Eric Williams fiasco),
but reading some of these comments defending Walker made me think of
something.

I wonder if those are the same types of comments Washington fans keep
saying.  And comments that fans of D. Coleman's teams years ago were
saying.  Yeah, we have all this talent on the floor, but the talent seems
to want to make the highlight film more than winning.  Or in Coleman's
case, would rather be eating a burger and sleeping.  Great dilemna.  If
you dump the talent you can't win much.  If you keep it, you won't win as
much as everyone thinks you should.

Luckily for us, I don't think Antoine will be quite as disappointing as
the above examples (asbestos suit being put on now....).  I think we've
all seen what Antoine needs, a veteran that will put him in his place and
smack him upside the head hard when he becomes selfish.  Hopefully
Anderson is enough to do this by himself.  Otherwise, that rebounder,
dominant center that we're looking for better also be a team leading
veteran.  In any case, if Walker can't be made into a team player, they'd
best get something very good in return...

Worst case scenario, ie my personal nightmare.  Anderson has a career
ending injury, Mercer gets fed up and signs somewhere else, and Walker is
the star of the Washington, I mean Boston Celtics for years to come.
Every year he and Webber are mysteriously left off the all-star team, and
every year they battle for the last playoff spot, with Cleveland sneaking
in and sending both to the lottery.

Ugh.  Please, Kenny be healthy next year, and together with Pitino, KICK
WALKER IN THE BUTT!  Maybe, just maybe, having a shot at winning a banner
will make Walker forget about ESPN's highlight segment.  Then we can
forget about this stupid thread...

BTW, I vote for Mercer at the moment. :)  I do NOT believe Talent=Future
success in many cases.  Anyone out there remember John Williams out of
LSU, aka the next Magic Johnson.  One of the best college players I've
seen, IMO.  Pity the team that drafted him (and Coleman, etc).

-Jamey