Re: Mercer???

>Walker is a STAR,Mercer's a ROOKIE

Are these terms somehow mutually exclusive?

>- what's the question?

Evidently, you missed it.
The question is not who is the better player this year, but whom Celts
should build around for the next 10 years or so *if the Celtics could only
keep one of them*.  The responses so far indicate that most listmembers
choose to look beyond this season's numbers and take the intangibles into
account. It's been said many times before, and I'll allow myself to repeat
it again: pure talent is *not* enough to become a great player, much less a
player to build a team around. The "me-first" attitude Antoine has
exhibited at times undoubtedly has a negative effect on the team's level of
performance and atmosphere .  And you can't win the NBA championship
playing 1-on-5, if Jordan is any indication.  Even yesterday, in one of
Walker's most team-oriented perfomances, there were numerous times when
Mercer was waving his arms, wide open 15 feet from the basket, trying to
attract Antoine's attention, who was too busy forcing a shot he shouldn't
be taking. Poor judgment? I have yet to see Mercer take a shot he should
have passed up, and he's a rookie!

K. Kveraga