Pippen

>Right on.  I was thinking of that trade for a while.  Don't wait, run at a
>trade for Vin Baker.  Walker is no Celtic.  Too selfish self centered and
>irratic.  Reminds me of John Starks  says Riley  "it's feast or famine with
>him."  So too with Walker.  He thinks he is the show.  Mercer has the celtic
>pride same as Regie Lewis did.  Looks out for the teamates BEFORE himself.  Or
>trade AW for Scottie.  AW is from Chi town and I hear that Jordan want's him.

Walker for Baker might be good for us, but I'm with Dorine as far as Pippen
goes. The argument above states that we should keep Mercer over Walker
because of his work ethic, "Celtic-ness", and I agree. But you just can't
say the same thing about Pippen. This is a guy that took himself out of an
important game because they didn't call his number. I know it's just one
game, but it says a lot about his attitude. In fact, it sounds like
something Walker might do if his current selfish behaviour were allowed to
continue over the next couple of years. Let's not forget how long Pippen
sat out this season in protest against the management. He has always been
whining about respect, which you have to earn. He's a great player, no
doubt, but I don't want to see him in Celtic green. Besides, if we're not
going to win a championship next year, so why sign someone of Pippen's
years? Shouldn't we go after a much younger free agent and plan on a
championship by, say, 2001?

Just my $0.02 worth,

Pete