Re: Walker resigning

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 1998 10:27 PM
Subject: Re : Walker resigning

>Walker does have a way to go, but he possesses tremendous potential, with
>the right set of players. He is under too much pressure to score now to
>give a real good assessment of his ability.

Sorry Dan but as  part of a team he must try to respond to the pressure.
Selfishness is not the proper response.  We all know that Toine can pass the
ball because he has stunned us with some spectacular assists earlier in the
year.  It appears to me that his assists are going down, hiowever, the
teammates are still open.  Teams are realizing that his priority seems to be
racking up the points himself, so they're going to focus on him.

Not headmanning the ball to Mercer last night was a cardinal sin, and, it's
not the first time this has happened this year.  Earlier in the year, Toine
said he was looking forward to the challenge of being a team captain, and
that he relished the chance to supply the team with whatever they needed
from him, be it scoring , rebounding, defense or whatever.  Right now, is a
good time, IMO, to assess his ability, because his true colors are showing.
Screaming at Anderson to get him the ball, while not giving it up to Mercer
is unwise and selfish.  Anderson certainly gets him the ball in scoring
position.  Can't say the same right now for Toine showing an equal respect
for his teammates, particularly Mercer.  It's too bad too.

Cecil