Re: No Jayhawks allowed

>Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:21:34 -0600
>From: "Chris Johnson" <chrisana@network-one.com>
>Subject: No Jayhawks allowed, please!!!!
>
>No, don't take any Jayhawks. They are perenial chokers. They can't win
>big games. We don't want these guys on our team. WE want guys who can
>play ball when the games on the line, when its championship time. Ok,
>said my peace on that.
>
>Did anybody see DeMarco Johnson for UNCC? He looks good, really good. He
>can shoot with good range. He's 6'9 and has bulked up this year. I'm
>thinking he'll be around our spot unless we get lucky. Anybody else you
>see out there that looks good? Oh, mark this down, Jeff Sheppard will be
>our 2nd round pick ( assuming we have one, I really don't know ). He's a
>Rex Chapman type player who will only get better. Trust me on that one!
>
>Geiger is as good as a Celtic. He'll be wearing green next year. Isn't
>he from around Mass.? Ok, well, I've said my peace.
>
>Bleeding Celtic Pride,
>Chris

Hmmm. So what you saying is:

DON'T: take a guy from a top-seeded 35-4 team, which is in the top five
every year and lost in the second round this year because that team is made
up of losers and chokers.

BUT, DO: take a guy from a 8th-seeded 20-11 team, which also lost in the
second round this year.

Maybe someday, IF Kansas basketball can achieve the level of consistant
success and tradition the dominating UNC-Charlotte program has, then it will
be safe to take one of their players. But until that day comes, we should
stick with the guys from the power programs, like UNCC.
Release, rotation, splash!

The North Bend Sports Page: http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/2430

Nebraska Cornhuskers: Simply the best. 1994, 1995, 1997...

Thanks for the memories Dr. Tom! May the Big Red Machine march on!